Monday, July 9, 2018

R.I.P. Steve Ditko

Mr. Steve Ditko
Sad to hear of the death of Steve Ditko at 90 years of age. Mr. Ditko was an eccentric individual who had more influence on modern comic books than anyone other than Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. He was the co-creator of Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Squirrel Girl and one of my all-time favorite B-characters, The Creeper.

I've seen a lot of remembrances of Mr. Ditko, which is surprising because he was such a privacy-obsessed recluse. But the best has been a very personal story from ace comic book and action writer Chuck Dixon. Here it is:

Chuck Dixon remembers how Steve Ditko affected his life. 

Rest in Peace, Mr. Ditko. Stan Lee may have written the words, but you gave me my favorite comic book story of all time with my favorite comic panels of all time, in Amazing Spider-Man #33. Thank you for some of the finest entertainment ever put on paper, or into the universe of ideas.



I'm sure it brings some comfort to Mr. Ditko, wherever he is, to know that his work will live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment